Skip to main content

Life Lessons: I met a boy


Photo by Garidy Sanders on Unsplash


Hello!

I hope you are doing well, my reader.
Thank you for waiting for me so patiently.

My previous post sounded very puzzly and confusing. And I'm here... after a while, to write about that and maybe other things.

I met a boy.
It's not what you think. I'm not here to tell an airy-fairy, haha-I'm-in-love kinda crappy story.
This is my blog, my space and I want to be truthful. I don't want to lie by masking the gender so... yes, I did meet a boy.
Sometimes, life just throws a person at you, just to give you a perspective. Or to teach you a hard lesson. That's what this post is about. Life lessons.

We became good friends. We had nothing in common except the fact that he read books. I held him in high esteem on the sole fact that he's a reader. That was my first mistake. I thought that we'd be lifelong friends. I even had grand dreams of meeting his friends, getting along, laughing and having a great time. My second mistake: expectations. Along the way, I became totally blind to the boundary between a friendship and a relationship because of my expectations. My third mistake. He admonished me for not knowing their boundaries.
To this day, I don't have an explanation as to why I behaved that way.

I can easily say that I was not wrong at all, that he was the wrong one, he didn't want to be friends, he just wanted a fling, that towards the end, I was verbally abused with: 'why are you like this?' 'what's wrong with you?' 'why do you always talk about the past?' and so many more... to the point where I was scared to even have a conversation. I'd hesitate before every message. (Oh, that's the other thing. We're in the 21st century where people don't believe in calling and talking. "No calls. Only messages." Messages, where you can read one line in a million different ways depending on your mood and take its meaning in a completely different context than what the sender meant.
Haha.)

I'm not gonna say all those things though. I'm not gonna blame myself or him. Right or wrong is a broad term, dependent on the individual. Certain situations don't have an explanation and definitely don't need to be given a second thought. But, I learned an important lesson: self-reflection.


The saddest part was that I listened to a complete stranger instead of my inner voice. At one point, I believed there was something wrong with me for expecting genuine friendship. I believed I was childish to write blog posts like this talking about my life on the internet (as if there are hordes of people reading my blog.) I asked myself the same 'why am I like this?' and went crazy when I couldn't come up with an answer.

In a way, this incident blocked me from writing here.
No more.

This is my answer to your questions:

Nothing is wrong with me. I'm a straight-forward person who hates liars. A people-pleaser through and through which has led me to deep shit (like the fact that I adjust to others' needs more than my own). I'm sensitive to the point where I cry listening to an emotional song. I'm stubborn and ambitious. I love collecting memorabilia. I'm loyal AF. I don't let go of my people. I'm attracted to genuine souls.

I'm learning to understand myself, learning to be brave, confident and strong. I'm learning to be comfortable in my own space and not ask for permission.

I should've realized that your outbursts were just a reflection of who you were. I should've realized they had nothing to do with me and everything to do with you. And I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help to you. Friends don't let friends drown. Also, communication goes both ways.

Thank you for teaching me a valuable lesson.


Imagine a bowler hitting a perfect strike or a water-filled clay pot shattering... these imageries come to mind whenever I think back on this incident.

I'm rebuilding the clay pot, filling it with mud and planting flowers. The bowling pins are back on the stack, stronger than before.

I will post regularly from now on.

Thank you.

Love,

VI

Popular posts from this blog

I LOST MY PHONE

Disclaimer - I am writing about Android phones. I have no idea about iPhone, except that it also has 'Find my iPhone' app in it. So what do you do when you lose your phone? If this is your first time losing it, then you better hurry. AND it will really help if you've turned on the location and internet in your phone. Trust me. It will be worth it. If you have not, then please say goodbye to your phone. I'm sorry for your loss. By sheer luck (I don't know what else to call it) if you have turned on the location and the internet, then  - 1. Borrow your friend's phone and install the app 'Find My Device' from Play Store. 2. Sign in as a guest by entering your email address. The app will locate your phone. 3. If you have just misplaced it or dropped it nearby, you can hurry and reach your device. But, if someone has stolen it (yes, there are people who still steal mobile phones. It is 2018 and apparently this has nothing to do with people&#

The Law of Nature

Charles Darwin discovered about Evolution in the 1800's. Evolution is  change itself. If you take the time to observe everything around you, you can see the changes with your own eyes. People change. Everyday. We learn something, every day. We subconsciously cultivate habits and little things from our surroundings (which is why it is said that your environment influences you or, show me your friends and I’ll tell you what you are.) Let me take my own example: I am definitely not the person I was some...5 years back. I have definitely changed! And truthfully speaking, I am glad! I have learnt so much and experienced so many things that has brought me this far. I can compare my younger self to my current self and think ‘wow, who is that dingus? Was that how I was then? Thank god for evolution’ (lol) and maybe, in the future, I may compare my current self and think that the current me is a dingus too… But that will be because I would’ve learnt even more and my experi

Expectations

Hellooo, We did blood typing in our college today! It's where you find out which blood type you are. If I had waited till  now, I could've saved 500 bucks, since I paid that much to find out my blood group.... Or was it 50??? I don't remember.... Anyway, it is like I got it double checked! :D Because some of my classmates did not get the blood group which they had got in their report....So yayyy... So.... I was thinking about how we expect certain things. You know, as people, we think something will happen this way or this person will behave this way and all that... But, almost all the time none of them are right... And when this happens to me, it's very frustrating! Everybody has expectations. I think it is human nature to expect something. It is built-in. I have no idea whether other animals have this (lol), but I think we all do, don't we? And this expecting, is what we should try to control. Yes, it hurts when your parents don't bring your favorite