Skip to main content

Little Things

Hellooo,

I am sorry for not publishing a post yesterday. It sounds like an excuse but it's not, because I was really tired and had a very irritating cold (couldn't stop sneezing like a banshee). :D
But I am alright now and so here I am!

Today was a good day.... As usual......but I couldn't attend first two classes because I am the coordinator for inter-class competitions and had to sit at the stage to take down names for the competitions....
It was really fun! I was able to meet other students of my college..... People I normally see but don't speak to them. There are so many different types of people! So many beautiful, confident people!

Then, I was half-asleep in the classes (bwahahaha) and we had a lecture by a very distinguished Professor, on 'Chemistry for Entrepreneurship'. It was very informative.

So here I am, to tell you that I realized something today. I saw a beautiful sunset when I was on the terrace... So beautiful! Even though I couldn't see the complete view (obstructed by buildings of course) but the sky was just a hue of colors! So pretty! There was orange, pink and a hint of yellow, with blues and violets and awesomeness!
It got me thinking, does everybody look up to the sky at least once in their day?? Do you look up to the sky and just soak in the color?? That brilliant bright beautiful blue! Sometimes, you can see a patchwork of bright white clouds which look like little cottons stuck there in the sky... So peaceful it makes you smile!
Or do you just see somebody helping a stranger? Or you yourself help a stranger? Or you say Thank you to a stranger and they give you a warm smile... Or somebody gives you flowers (this happens very rarely, because of this stupid society which has this stereotypical thinking that receiving flowers is like receiving a proposal...BS) or your friend gives you a big warm hug....Or you laugh along with your friends/coworkers about something... Your words line up and you hi-fi!

There are so many little things that happen day to day that we completely forget to see!! We don't take the time to notice them or  even pay attention to them! We spend all our energy focusing on the negativity and the hurtful things and stress-out and put ourselves down..... And at the end of the day we are completely exhausted and......


 we never look up at the sky! (lol, sorry had to make that point)


No, seriously speaking, please be positive! You can do it! Try to look at the little things that happen around you....everyday... Maybe when you are going to work or in a bus or in a bike... Just watch... There is so much to see...
You will notice the antiques of some bike riders, the hilarity of people talking to their Bluetooth, or shouting to their phones, people singing along songs (yes, yes people, that will be me!)or people scratching their butts, or you may exchange looks with a stranger and a mutual smile, which will make your day better! A baby smiling too...Isn't that amazing!?

Please notice these little things.... the happy things....because they will add up to make your ife wonderful... Aren't your days your life in miniature?...
Try to make the best of it!!


Lots of Love,
Stay Healthy, Stay Happy.
PG.

Popular posts from this blog

I LOST MY PHONE

Disclaimer - I am writing about Android phones. I have no idea about iPhone, except that it also has 'Find my iPhone' app in it. So what do you do when you lose your phone? If this is your first time losing it, then you better hurry. AND it will really help if you've turned on the location and internet in your phone. Trust me. It will be worth it. If you have not, then please say goodbye to your phone. I'm sorry for your loss. By sheer luck (I don't know what else to call it) if you have turned on the location and the internet, then  - 1. Borrow your friend's phone and install the app 'Find My Device' from Play Store. 2. Sign in as a guest by entering your email address. The app will locate your phone. 3. If you have just misplaced it or dropped it nearby, you can hurry and reach your device. But, if someone has stolen it (yes, there are people who still steal mobile phones. It is 2018 and apparently this has nothing to do with people&#

The Law of Nature

Charles Darwin discovered about Evolution in the 1800's. Evolution is  change itself. If you take the time to observe everything around you, you can see the changes with your own eyes. People change. Everyday. We learn something, every day. We subconsciously cultivate habits and little things from our surroundings (which is why it is said that your environment influences you or, show me your friends and I’ll tell you what you are.) Let me take my own example: I am definitely not the person I was some...5 years back. I have definitely changed! And truthfully speaking, I am glad! I have learnt so much and experienced so many things that has brought me this far. I can compare my younger self to my current self and think ‘wow, who is that dingus? Was that how I was then? Thank god for evolution’ (lol) and maybe, in the future, I may compare my current self and think that the current me is a dingus too… But that will be because I would’ve learnt even more and my experi

Expectations

Hellooo, We did blood typing in our college today! It's where you find out which blood type you are. If I had waited till  now, I could've saved 500 bucks, since I paid that much to find out my blood group.... Or was it 50??? I don't remember.... Anyway, it is like I got it double checked! :D Because some of my classmates did not get the blood group which they had got in their report....So yayyy... So.... I was thinking about how we expect certain things. You know, as people, we think something will happen this way or this person will behave this way and all that... But, almost all the time none of them are right... And when this happens to me, it's very frustrating! Everybody has expectations. I think it is human nature to expect something. It is built-in. I have no idea whether other animals have this (lol), but I think we all do, don't we? And this expecting, is what we should try to control. Yes, it hurts when your parents don't bring your favorite